Save the Dates: 1st Friday Weekend, Oct. 2-3, 2020
It's Barktober: Pamper Your Pets! Friday, 11 am - 9 pm, Saturday, 11 am - 5 pm
- IT’S PET NIGHT!: Spoil your favorite furry friends with gifts & treats for fall ... and UCC Church will have a Pet Blessing!
- PUPPY (& KITTY) LOVE: Learn about pet care, projects, adoptions, spay/neutering, etc. with local non-profits
- SCARECROW SELFIE CONTEST: Check out the creative fall and Halloween planter pots, post your selfie to the MSM Facebook, you could win a prize!
- WARM UP: Find your favorite fall and Halloween treasures & flavors at local shops & eateries!
5 pm to 7 pm, Friday, October 2 only. Outside of Medina United Church of Christ, Congregational, 217 E. Liberty St. Each pet will be individually blessed by Pastor Luke. Free pet treats from One Lucky Dog Bakery, bandanas, and blessing cards will be given while supplies last.
- Kitten Krazy, Inc. Cat Shelter and Adoption Center, 930 Lafayette Road, Unit A, Medina, will be at Huntington Bank, 39 Public Sq., from 11 am to 4 pm. They will have adoptable cats and kittens, merchandise for sale, a gift raffle, and cat/kitten care information. For more information, go to www.kittenkrazy.org or Facebook: www.facebook.com/kittenkrazymedina.
- One Lucky Dog Bakery, 45 Public Sq., open Fri., 10 am to 6 pm and Sat., 9 am to 6 pm, will offer samples of dog food and treats. They sale all natural wheat, corn, soy, preservative-free dog treats; unique dog collars, leashes, dog beds, and tough USA dog trow toys; Orijen, Fromm, and Primal dog food; as well as natural supplements, essential oils, and Carruth art. For more information, go to www.oneluckydogbakery.com or Facebook: www.facebook.com/oneluckydogbakery.
- The Dog Wizard, the Medina area’s top mobile dog-training service, will be available at Medina's Public Square, with demonstrations, offers, and giveaways. For more information, go to www.thedogwizard.com/medina or Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheDogWizardMedina.
Take A Selfie, you may Win a Prize!
- Take a selfie with your pets, family and friends next to your favorite planter-potted Scarecrow, shop or eatery.
- Post, share, and tag @MainStreetMedina on Facebook.
- Your name will be entered into a drawing for one of ten Medina Bucks (valued at $5 and redeemable at participating locations) ... five drawn Friday at 8:30 pm and five drawn Saturday at 4:45 pm.
- Winners will be contacted the following week and can pick up their Bucks at All Fired Up! 233 S. Court St., Medina.
Participating Store Offers:
- All Fired Up!, 233 S. Court St., open 11 am to 9 pm, All pet food bowls and pet treat canisters will be 10% off. Paint a bone ornament Friday for only $5 (no studio fee)
- Cool Beans, 103 W. Liberty St., open 8 am to 6 pm, will name drinks after pet breeds
- Heart and Soul Gift Boutique, 139 N. Court St., open 11 am to 8:30 pm, Sat. 9 am to 4 pm, offering new items in our pet section! Free gift with qualifying FarmHouse Fresh purchase! New shipments arriving daily!
- Honey Bee Bakery, 23 Public Sq., Suite 1, open 8 am to 6 pm, will have animal cookies and dog friendly treats
- Lemonberry Frozen Yogurt, 201 South Court St., open noon to 10 pm. We have Pup Cups!
- Medina County Visitors Bureau, 32 Public Sq., open Friday only, 9 am to 8 pm, is giving out free dog treats
- Nibble, 229 S. Court St., open Fri. 11 am to 9 pm, Sat., 11 am to 5 pm, offering Christmas presents for kitties and doggies, and treats for furry visitors
- Simply Charlotte, 229 S. Court St., open Fri. 11 am to 9 pm, Sat., 11 am to 5 pm, offering Christmas presents for kitties and doggies, and treats for furry visitors
- Sully's Irish Pub, 117 W. Liberty St., open 11 am to 11 pm daily. Our Patio is Dog-Friendly! Bring your furry friend to our Patio for a visit and have them spoiled by our dog-loving staff! Please use back patio gate, as dogs cannot be inside the building
- The Gardener's Cottage, 226 S. Court St., open Fri., 11 am to 8 pm, Sat., 11 am to 5 pm. Halloween ON SALE!
- The Raspberry and the Rose, 241 S. Court St., open Fri. 11 am to 9 pm, Sat., 11 am to 5 pm. Bring your pet in and save an additional 15% off your purchase. We love our furry friends and we'd love you meet yours ... and we have treats!
Thank you for participating in Sept!
Medina Historic Walking Tour & Architectural Scavenger Hunt
We hope you've enjoyed the Medina History Walk and Architectural Scavenger Hunt. Congratulations to our $10 Medina Bucks Winners! Thank you for sharing your time and posts with us!
The Medina Co. Historical Society is selling raffle tickets for their French Lick Raffle, Victorian Feast Raffle and Letha E. House Books (discounted to $20 for hardcover and $15 for soft cover). Find out more on their Facebook page.
NOTE: If you want to do the full History Tour of Medina, stop by the Main Street Medina booth and ask for the brochure at the Medina Square Farmers Market on Saturdays, from 9 am to 1 pm until Oct. 17.
You can also dive deeper into our history by going to local historian Robert Hyde's presentation, "Beyond the Storefronts" at MedinaSquare.org.
1st Fridays are now held on Fridays from 11 am - 9 pm and Saturdays from 11 am - 5 pm
Watch the McDowell-Phillips House Docuseries HERE
Join us as we document the preservation and restoration of the historic 1890 McDowell-Phillips House in Medina, OH. The property was acquired in 2019 by the Medina County Historical Society, for expansion of Museum gallery and archives space, as well as a special events facility.
First Friday events are held the first Friday of every month, rain or shine, and feature different attractions and activities for the whole family. We've extended this event through Saturday to lessen crowd size and allow you some social distancing. All First Friday events are sponsored by Cleveland Clinic. Visitors are asked to follow current a social distance of six feet or more, to wear masks whenever possible, especially in stores and restaurants, and follow posted occupancy limits in stores and restaurants.